Living Frugal in Mexico & USA

Married Couple that likes to travel but husband does not like to spend a lot of money.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

April 18 2007

We have had a week of rain. Oh, there have been sun breaks, during which I have been able to to some walking. While on our trip this last winter I lost a lot of weight. I really don't want to gain it all back and have been trying to walk as much as passable. It has been hard as depression has set in due to not being in sunny weather. I will adamant to gaining 5 pounds at this time.
My best friend here could tell how I was feeling and has asked me to join her at her home on days when we can't walk to use her exercise machines. I went tonight and really enjoyed exercising and talking to her.
I haven't been off of our property much sense we have been home. I fact I have only filled my gas tank once and still have a half of a tank. We have been home for a month now. We live 5 miles out of town so any shopping we have to do we have to drive to.
Sunday I am planning on going to Salem after church to do some shopping for plants. I will fill my car with gas while there as it is much cheaper there than here. Gas is almost or is at $3.00 a gallon. I haven't been to any town where their is a gas station to really know what it is right now.
Last month, while in Mexico I never thought about the cost of gas. We went everywhere by bus. Which was much cheaper than driving our own car.
We don't have the kind of bus system here, wish we did. People could go to town, cost them less, there would be less cars on the road, so maybe Mexico is not so backwards as so many people think. Just a thought.
So today was a better day, even with the rain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home