Living Frugal in Mexico & USA

Married Couple that likes to travel but husband does not like to spend a lot of money.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011


Saturday November 19, 2011


Last Saturday I decided to walk to white sands beach. Larry wanted to ride his bike around to learn more of how to get to different places and to look for a fish market.

I did not realize that the beach I wanted to go to was 4 miles away. Half way back I caught the trolley for $2.00. The bus is $1.00 but I had not seen one for a long time and was willing to pay the extra dollar for the ride. I still had the hill to climb to get to our place as no bus goes up that street. Just as I came to the end of the sidewalk a man stopped his car and asked if I needed a ride. While I had only 3 blocks to go I took the ride. He said I really looked like I needed it.

Monday the 14th I walked to a shopping mall that was not too far away. I got some condiments that we needed for making sandwiches. I also bought some things for our Thanksgiving dinner.

Tuesday the 15 we again set out to go to a beach. As Larry rode across a busy street the chain fell off his bike. I had seen a place where they rent bicycles and thought they might have a repair shop there. They didn’t but told us where there was one. Just down this street to the 4 way stop signs take a right to the stop lights then another right and 3 driveways to the shop. Yea right, she didn’t tell us how many blocks between the stop signs and stop lights, another forced march. Oh I could have stopped and waited anyplace along the way but I wanted to see how to get to different places.

Wednesday the 16th we meant one of our neighbors. Her name is Nina and she lives across the hall. She has a car and was telling us of some places we may be interested in going to.

Thursday the 17th Nina took us to the free public swimming pool. Then to Walmart so we could get some things we needed that were too big to carry home on the bike or in our daypacks.

Friday the 18th Nina took us to a beach that we could snorkel at. I will need to find a bus that goes out that way if we don’t have Nina or a car.

Saturday the 19th I walked down to the farmers market, Larry rode his bike. He locked it up and we caught the bus headed south. The bus driver was upset that we stopped him were we did but I told him we didn’t know where the bus stop was.  Then when we said we were seniors he said what-ever, we didn’t have to pay the dollar for passage. We found a beach that we can go to on the bus and where we can catch it without the driver getting upset with us.

On our way back home I left before Larry did and got home before he did. I was really surprised that he didn’t catch up with me. But when I saw him walking his bike up the hill I knew his chain had broken again.
One of the Geiko's that lives on our lania.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home